10 Weight Loss Tips


When it comes to losing weight, we need all the help we can get! Here are a few assorted tips to help you stay on track.

1. Use the “Pareto principle” or the 80/20 rule, when dieting. Make 80% of what you eat healthy and low-cal, With the other 20%, eat the things you love that don’t fit into the diet. Like chocolate cake 🙂

2. Use positive self-talk. I “get” to eat that, not I “have” to eat that.

3. Exercise. It’s not just the calories burned by exercising that helps you lose weight. It’s the satisfaction you get that makes you not want to mess it up by eating unhealthy junk.

4. Get enough sleep! If you don’t, the chemicals that will be released during the day that will cause you to gain weight. Plus, you may try to get energy from food that you would have gotten from sleeping.

5. Pack a healthy lunch and snacks for work. You don’t want to end up running to the vending machines when you need sustenance.

6. Divide snacks up into portion-sized sandwich bags. That way it’s easy to just grab a bag when you get hungry.

7. Drink more water. Often, your mind says you’re hungry, but you’re really thirsty, and water will satisfy your hunger. At least for a while!

8. Brush your teeth. Sometimes, you just want something in your mouth, and brushing your teeth will satisfy. Plus, your teeth will love you.

9. Distract yourself. Clean out that junk drawer. Do your nails. Grab that magazine you’ve been meaning to look though. Do something to take your mind off eating for a while, and the urge will pass.

10. Eat an apple! They have lots of health benefits, they help fill you up, and they take time to eat.



Previous Post
Heavy Ladies Exercising
Fitness and Exercise

My 10 Exercise Tips for the Seriously Overweight